Do you ever ask yourself why you do the things you do, or do you just go through life on auto pilot. I worked last night, as I do every Friday night, and for the first time in a while, I actually paid attention to what I was doing. I didn't just glide through the night like I often do.
I was awake, and alive. Really alive, and for the first time in a while, in spite of being really busy, I loved it! My guests responded well, my team were on fire, and we all had a blast. To make things better, I was closed down and ready to leave before midnight! That is a rare occurence on a Friday night! I was a better manager, and the team really responded.
Think I have discovered the secret to team engagement, which to be fair I knew, but I had gotten complacent.
This is what happens when you do the same job day in, and day out for a long time.
Here's a challenge for anyone who might come across this blog.
Take your head out the clouds just for one day. Turn off the auto pilot and really see whats happening. Experience your day with every one of your senses. Experience the ups and downs in a real way, and then let me know how you feel. Leave a comment. Lets see if we can shake it up, and wake ourselves up, because you never know what will come tomorrow. Today might be your last, so try and really live it!
Becky x
No comments:
Post a Comment